Software that adds efficiency, flexibility, and reach
GORGES does more than build websites
We are an expert software development shop. We have installed, integrated, and programmed software solutions for hundreds of customers, from Fortune 500 firms in New York City and internationally, to local retailers in Ithaca, Syracuse, and Central New York. Our back-office software handles millions of business intelligence and e-commerce transactions across diverse industries.
A few examples of our software projects
- Tracking technology assets for a large school system
- Asset management for a substantial recycling and reuse company
- e-Commerce solutions for both retail and business-to-business installations
- Credit card fulfillment and payments
- Business intelligence, data processing and analysis
- Social networks and communications software systems
- Sales and customer relationship management tools
Collaboration with client staff is standard
We complete dozens of substantial database-driven software projects each year. They support client offices, operations, and relationships. Many of these are embedded in client websites and intranets that are built by GORGES or by others. Collaboration is the standard at GORGES.
Expertise in numerous leading technologies
At GORGES, we have methodically cultivated expertise in many technologies. We mainly use open-source technologies, as this approach enables us to deliver robust solutions very cost-effectively, and support from the large online community of developers is essential for our success.
Some of our technologies are:
- PHP - using the Yii framework
- Ruby on Rails
- Drupal - content management
- Drupal with Drupal Commerce
- Drupal with CiviCRM