Senior Application Developer
(M.A. Linguistics, McGill University, 1994; M.Sc. Mathematics, McGill U., 1987; B.Sc. Mathematics, University of Saskatchewan, 1985)
Ted Caldwell is a Senior Application Developer for GORGES. With nearly 30 years of professional software development experience, Ted enjoys working closely with GORGES clients to understand their software needs and create practical, cost-effective technology solutions.
Ted’s areas of expertise include:
- Systems analysis, requirements definition, and software architecture
- Refactoring and migration of legacy systems to modern web and mobile platforms
- Traditional full-stack web application frameworks – especially the Yii PHP framework
- Progressive web apps and “mobile first” development, using Cordova and Ionic
- Serverless application development with Google Firebase/Firestore
- Automated testing with Protractor and Nightwatch.js
Prior to joining GORGES, Ted was Computational Linguist and Director of Engineering at CoGenTex, where he led development of several innovative applications based on natural language generation technology. He was the principal developer of a tool for generating textual product recommendations, used by prominent e-tailers including Staples and Target, and holds a U.S. patent related to this work.
When not writing code, Ted is an avid cyclist, and plays upright bass with several jazz combos in the Ithaca area.